The ‘digital citizen’ is a person who has developed the skills and knowledge to effectively use the internet and digital technologies, who uses digital technologies and the internet in a responsible and appropriate way in order to engage and participate in society and politics.
We live in a world where the use of digital technology has become the norm. Effective participation in our society increasingly requires our ability to engage online. This isn’t just a question of technical ability – just as with our physical society, there are appropriate and responsible behaviours we need to acquire.
In this course, we’ll investigate and explore the concept of the digital society. We’ll look at how personal values and ethical judgments shape our online participation, and how new technologies can be applied to solve some of the problems we might face. Through all of this, we will develop your digital capabilities, and your awareness of the cultural and ethical implications of using digital technologies, and we’ll seek to establish the skills required to become an effective and successful digital citizen.
YES… Certificates will be issued at the completion of the training course
- Define digital citizenship.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Use social networking to create your brand.
- Protect your reputation online.
- Practice safe use of technology.
- Understand digital etiquette.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explore personal values and make ethical judgments when participating online
- Develop the skills needed be an effective and successful digital citizen
- Apply knowledge of new technologies to solve problems in the real world
WHAT TOPICS WILL YOU COVER?
- Exploring Digital Access
- Understanding Digital Identity, Security and Safety
- Investigating Digital Participation, Ethics & Etiquette
- Networking and Personal Branding
- Dealing with the Dark side
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The notion of digital citizenship is ubiquitous, and this course therefore aims to be useful to a wide variety of online learners. This course is suitable for anyone who engages with social media platforms, those who use technologies to support their study, as well as graduates looking to maximize the impact of their digital footprint and avoid common mistakes which may make them unattractive to potential employers.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Self